spot_img
Saturday, January 28, 2023
spot_img

Uría, Cuatrecasas, Deloitte guide Bankinter’s bankassurance alliance with Liberty

Uría Menéndez (legal) and Deloitte Financial Advisory (financial) have advised Bankinter on its agreement with Liberty Seguros, counselled by Cuatrecasas, to jointly develop the insurance business through the company 'Bankinter Liberty Home and Auto'

-

Through this operation, subject to receiving the corresponding regulatory authorisations, Liberty acquires from Bankinter 50.01% of the company, already created and registered previously by the financial institution, with the bank holding the remaining 49.99%.

With this agreement, signed by the CEO of Bankinter, María Dolores Dancausa, and the CEO of Liberty Seguros, Juan Miguel Estallo, both entities undertake to work together in the field of bancassurance in the long term.

The products will be designed and developed with the expertise of Liberty Seguros and will be distributed exclusively through all Bankinter’s commercial networks, both face-to-face and remote, in Spain and Portugal, including EVO Banco, the Bankinter Group’s 100% digital entity.

The agreement, subject to the corresponding approval by the regulator, highlights Liberty’s high technological capabilities, its modular product strategy and its speed of adaptation, which, combined with Bankinter’s capacity for innovation and adaptation to the needs of consumers, will enable both companies to occupy a leading position in the market.

Violeta Pina

Uría Menéndez legally advised Bankinter with a team led by Corporate and M&A partner Guillermo San Pedro, M&A and Insurance and Reinsurance counsel Jaime del Fraile and Tax counsel Violeta Pina (pictured left), while Cuatrecasas counselled Liberty Seguros.

Deloitte Financial Advisory guided (financially) Bankinter with a team led by partner Jose Manuel Lasa García, that included Teresa Suárez, Juan Zurita, Diego López-tello and Alvaro Martin.

Cuatrecasas advised Liberty Seguros with a team made up of Financial Services & Insurance partner Fernando Mínguez, Financial Taxation partner Rebeca Rodríguez, Corpoate/M&A and Private Equity senior associate Álvaro López Ceballos, and lawyers José Ignacio López de Haro, Sergio Ochagavía y Enrique Muñoz.

Cuatrecasas Liberty
Cuatrecasas partner Rebeca Rodríguez, and senior associate Álvaro López Ceballos
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img

MOST READ NEWS

Jones Day announces new Corporate leadership

As practice leaders, they will coordinate and oversee the firm's transactional work worldwide, including both the firm's M&A and Private Equity subpractices. These appointments,...

Linklaters advises on first high yield transaction in Europe in 2023

Tereos is a leading global agro-industrial cooperative specialising in the sourcing and processing of agricultural raw materials. The company is present in 127 countries...

Linklaters advises IVIRMA on its €3bn sale to KKR

The US fund has signed the acquisition of the Spanish company, a world leader in infertility treatments, eleven months after the transaction was announced,...
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
error: