The new promoted senior associate lawyers to counsel in the firm´s Madrid office, by practice area are the following:
- Javier Hermosilla, Corporate/M&A. Javier specialises in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures, private equity, restructurings and corporate matters. He acts for a broad range of clients including corporates, funds and financial services groups, particularly in the energy & infrastructures, financial, and consumer, goods & retail sectors.
- Pablo Murcia, Corporate/M&A. Pablo Murcia specialises on domestic and international M&A transactions, both for Corporates and financial investors, with a particular focus on the Energy, Infrastructure and Sports sectors.
- Fernando Giménez Alvear, Litigation & Arbitration. Fernando specialises in litigation and arbitration. He has acted in all types of judicial, mediation and arbitration proceedings before both national and international courts. He is member of the insurance group of the firm and has extensive experience in conflicts in the insurance sector and disputes related to distribution and agency agreements, M&A and Real Estate transactions, Corporate Law, antitrust and unfair competition.
- María Pradillo, Real Estate. María, who joined Clifford Chance Madrid office in 2006 is an expert in Real Estate Finance. Her recent work includes advising Schroders Capital on the acquisition of the Grand Hotel Central located in Barcelona and operated by Único Hotels and the Primonial Group in the context of the signing of a long-term partnership with Grupo Lar.
- María Sabau, Banking & Finance. María specialises in acquisition finance and refinancings acting both for lenders and borrowers/sponsors. She has a significant experience in corporate finance deals and is usually engaged in project finance deals, acting both for lenders and borrowers in infrastructure and energy project deals and has participated in financing structures in asset finance deals within the film industry
- Felipe Font, Banking & Finance. Felipe specialises in Restructuring and Real Estate finance. He is usually engaged in corporate finance, acquisition finance and bank lending generally. He was part of the team advising Cellnex on the financings granted in favour of the Spanish holding company and UK and Swiss subsidiaries for a total amount of c. €4.5 billion
- Jesús Quesada, Banking & Finance and Capital Markets. Jesús specialises in Structured Finance, securitisation and financing transactions (including syndicated loans, project finance, NPLs and real estate finance and restructurings). With more than 14 years of experience, Jesús has worked on a significant number of innovative transactions in the banking and capital markets area. Jesús acts for a broad range of market participants, including banks, investment funds, institutional investors, sponsors and corporates.
- Belén Irissarry, Antitrust, EU & Trade. Belén joined Clifford Chance in 2000 and left the firm in 2006 to work as a Legal advisor at the Agency for the Defence of Competition of Andalusia, rejoining the Magic Circle firm in 2012 until now. During her time in Seville, she taught Law at Universidad de Sevilla and at Universidad Pablo de Olavide.